This error normally prompts if you have attempted to activate an activation key that does not match your current version of Windows. Firstly, please make sure the product key you purchased matches your current operating system.
For example, if your system is Windows 10 Professional and you purchased a lower version (i.e Windows 10 Home), please open a new support ticket and request a refund so you may purchase the correct version https://www.electronicfirst.com/gift-cards/windows-10-professional-oem. Please don't forget to include the details mentioned in this article so we can better assist you.
However, if the operating system you installed is a lower version (i.e Windows 10 Home) and received any of the error codes above, please follow the upgrade steps below before attempting to activate the key.
How to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional
1. Turn off Wifi or disconnect your computer from the Internet
2. Right-click on the Action Center. (Alternatively, press the Start button, then Settings )
3. Choose All Settings.
4. Pick Update & Security.
5. Click Activation, then click on Change Product Key.
6. Enter the 25-digit upgrade key (not the activation key). You may use any of these free upgrade keys provided below:
If none of the keys work and you wish to try a different one, just let us know.
7. After successfully upgrading, you can now connect back to your Wifi or Internet.
8. After the upgrade installation has been finished it will prompt you that "Windows could not be activated".
Now, you can enter the Windows 25-digit activation key we sent you.
However, if the above solution does not work or you do not wish to do the solution above, please contact our Customer Support Team via Support Tickets on your EF Dashboard so we can check if you are eligible for a refund or replacement.
To assist you better, please include the details below:
1. Order / Transaction ID
2. Screenshot of the pop-up/error message '
3. Additional information (if any)