- The codes are 16 digit characters long, grouped by 4, and separated by dashes. The code will not be valid unless the dashes (-) between the numbers and letter segments are included
- Make sure you didn’t forget any digits. The dashes are supposed to be included when entering the code.
- Another thing to check, make sure you differentiate: 0 (zero) and O, Q and D (letter), 1 and the capital letter i, B and 8, G and 6, etc.
Still having trouble? There are a couple of reasons why your game code could be invalid
- Invalid Region
You may have received a code that isn't valid for the region you are playing. Make sure to disable any VPN's you may be using and try again.
- You already redeemed your code
If an "Invalid Code" error appears after attempting to redeem your code on your Bethesda.net account, this code may already be redeemed on your account.
You can verify that your code has already been entered by viewing your Transaction History on your Bethesda.net account page.
- To check your Transaction History
- Log Into your Bethesda.net account
- Select your Username on the top corner.
- Select Transaction History in the list.
- If the game does not appear in your Transaction History, it is possible that you may have redeemed it on a different account, like a Bethesda.net “quick” account. A Bethesda.net "quick" account may have been created if you entered your email address after accessing any of the following:
- Mods or Creation Club in Fallout 4 or The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Quake Champions through Steam
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends on any platform.
- Fallout 76
- If you have created a Bethesda.net “quick” account, please complete the creation of your account by following the instructions in the article here.
- You bought a second-hand copy of the game
Once a code has been registered to an account, it cannot be registered again. If you have purchased the game second-hand, the code that comes with the game has likely been registered and cannot be added to your account. You should contact the store where you purchased the game.