Activation code is not valid
If you receive the error message This CD Key or Activation Code is not valid. Please try again. You may be entering the key incorrectly.
- The format of the key should be either 16 or 19 digits, as below:
- You must enter all of the characters in upper case, with the relevant dashes.
- Avoid using copy/paste when entering your key, as that may cause problems.
- Before entering the key in the activation key field, make sure to hit the backspace button two to three times to clear the box.
- Please note that entering an invalid key 10 times may result in a temporary ban of one hour.
Activation code already in use
This error message indicates that the key you are trying to redeem has already been used on another UBISOFT ACCOUNT.
Keys can only be used once. If your key has already been used, support will not be able to free up the key or move it to another account.
There may be a chance that you have more than one account, so please be sure to check any other Ubisoft accounts you may have.
Error Code 17002, 17009 in Ubisoft Connect
This error code can appear for several reasons:
- You are not logged in to the Ubisoft account on which you own the game.
- You purchased the game with Epic Games or Steam, but your EPIC GAMES or STEAM account is not linked to your Ubisoft account.
- You took part in a Free Weekend or played a demo version of the game, and it is no longer available.
Error Code 17005 or 17016 in Ubisoft Connect
No exact cause is known for this error, but if you do encounter them, the Ubisoft support staff recommends that you contact them immediately and share with them these three log files:
- UPLAY PC LOGS
Error Code 17006 or 17017 in Ubisoft Connect
This error means that Ubisoft Connect is having some connectivity issues.
If you encounter this message, please follow our CONNECTIVITY TROUBLESHOOTING.
Error Code 17008, 17012, 17013, or 17014 in Ubisoft Connect
If you receive this error, there are a few workarounds that you can try:
- Run Ubisoft Connect with ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS.
- REINSTALL Ubisoft Connect.
- If your game has been activated on the Epic Games Launcher, close Ubisoft Connect and re-download the game from the Epic Games Launcher.
Error Code 17011 in Ubisoft Connect
This error can appear when you have insufficient disk space to download the game.
If you have enough space and still receive this error, please try running Ubisoft Connect with ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS.
Any other Uplay error that might occur
If any other error message might appear to you, try one of the solutions listed above, most importantly:
- Running Uplay with administrator rights
- Troubleshooting your network connectivity
- Install a fresh copy of Uplay
If you’re still having trouble, please contact our Customer Support Team via Support Tickets on your EF Dashboard so we can check if you are eligible for a refund or replacement.
To assist you better, please include the details below:
1. Order / Transaction ID
2. Screenshot of the pop-up/error message '
3. Additional information (if any)
NOTE: We don't provide replacements/refunds for products that are already redeemed to the account. Refunds are only processed provided that the product is in its unused condition and can be sold on. Used products are not eligible for refunds.