Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Professional
Before upgrading to Windows 10 Pro, make sure your device is up to date and running the most recent version of Windows 10 Home. For more info about how to keep your PC updated, see Windows Update: FAQ.
Upgrade using a Windows 10 Pro product key
1. Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
2. Select Change product key, and then enter the 25-character Windows 10 Pro product key.
3. Select Next to start the upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
Having issues with activation after your upgrade?
See the following for more help activating your valid product key or digital license for Windows 10 Pro:
- Check out our Troubleshooting tips in this article.
- Get help with Windows activation errors
- Activation in Windows 10
- How to perform Windows 10 Clean Installation